- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is the apex body for coordinating, guiding, and managing research and education in agriculture in the entire country under the aegis of DARE, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- The ICAR-AU system of India has 75 Agricultural Universites comprising 64 State Agricultural, Veterinary, Horticultural and Fisheries Universities (SAUs), 4 ICAR-DUs, viz. IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE, 3 Central Agricultural Universities (CAU, Imphal, Dr. RPCAU, Pusa and RLB CAU, Jhansi), 4 Central Universities (CUs) having Faculty of Agriculture (BHU, AMU, Viswa Bharati and Nagaland University).
- The National Agricultural Research and Education System (NARES) of India is one of the largest in the world, admitting more than 15,000 graduates, 11,000 post-graduates, and 2,500 Ph.Ds annually, in different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences.
- For taking admission into any of the universities recognized by ICAR, the candidate has to appear in All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) into UG, PG and PhD courses. Presently the AIEEA examination is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The meritorious candidates avail JRF for pursuing PG and SRF for PhD in AUs.
- ICAR’s JRF exam in Animal and Veterinary Sciences is totally based on depth studies and the first thing one should do is sticking to the syllabus. Read all the relevant books strictly according to the syllabus and make notes from them. Read only relevant topics. Click Here for downloading the PDF which contain syllabus for AIEEA.
- Make reading a habit for qualifying this exam. There is no need to read much and rush for books, but read relevant.
- Do surf ICAR website (https://icar.org.in/) for recent happenings and events. Read every corner of website. Reading of ICAR’s Handbook of Animal Husbandry is also must.
- Devote one month for making notes and one month for revising the notes in phase-wise manner. Keep on revising till you cram every single word of your notes. Don’t read any other material in the revision days. Strictly stick to notes.
- Although question banks and notes cannot defy books, still for the reference, few question banks, objective books and notes have been provided hereunder. The resources have been created by various institutes and scholars for which vetextension.com sincerely acknowledges their contribution for the budding veterinarians and scholars aspiring for clearing prestigious ICAR-AIEEA exam.
Downloadable PDFs has been provided in the following links. Click on the link to download directly.
- Anonymous. MCQs on Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry.
- Bhavin Dhandhala. MCQs on Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry.
- ICAR-JRF/SRF Examination Question Bank. 2013. Veterinary College, KVAFSU, Bidar.
- Dhruv N Desai. 2014. Question Bank.
- S. Sathees Kumar. Field Vet Notes. Veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal.
- Muhammad Sajjad Hussain. A Key Guide for PCS for Veterinary Graduates.
- Online Alumini Club of COVAS Kerala. 2006. ICAR Referesher – Veterinary Science.
- ICAR-JRF Tutorial Question Bank. 2014. Veterinary College, KVAFSU, Shimoga.
- Amigos. 2002-03 Batch. TNPSC Notes. Animal & Vet Science Refresher.
- A. Manivannan, P. Visha, M. Dhanalakshmi, A. Elamaran, B. Karthik and T. Sivakumar. 2020. Question Bank for Competitive Examinations (Veterinary and Animal Sciences). Education Cell, Veterinary College and Research Institute, TANUVAS, Orathanadu.
- Waghe P, Murthy K, Bijurkar RG and Dilipkumar D. 2020. ICAR-JRF Question Bank. Veterinary College, KVAFSU, Bidar.
- Major Animal Husbandry, Agriculture and Rural Development Programmes in India
- 20th Livestock Census – 2019: Key Highlights
- Livestock Production Statistics of India – 2018
- Livestock Production Statistics of India – 2019
- Bhavinkumar Dhandhala. 1002 MCQs on Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry.
- Bhavinkumar Dhandhala. MCQs on Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Subject-Wise.
If you want to write an article or share your experience related to animal husbandry with other farmers, write your article and email it to [email protected].
If any student of veterinary science or veterinary doctor wishes to publish an article with us, then write your article and email at [email protected]. You can send your articles in Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu or English.