ICAR – All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA), Animal Science – 2022
These are my personal views and understanding about the ICAR examination. This is my sincere effort to avoid misconceptions about the exam and helping my juniors who would be aspiring to crack this examination to make the preparation a little easier for them. You may apply whatever you find good in these suggestions to your preparation.
- The first and foremost step in cracking an examination is knowing its syllabus. So ICAR Animal Science paper asks question from UG level syllabus of Veterinary physiology, LPM (also Poultry), Animal nutrition, Animal genetics and breeding, Vet Extension and LPT. Also read important data of recent Livestock census (Use Dr. Amandeep Sir’s crisp livestock census data from vetextension.com) and newly registered breeds.
- The gold standard for having an idea of what is asked in paper is its previous year’s papers (PYQs). So analyzing at least 5 years papers is very helpful for getting a basic view of what is asked in paper.
- By Analyzing PYQs you will see many repetitions in topics asked even you may get 4-5 exactly same questions. You may also guess few questions that may be coming in the exam. For example, from last few years, they are asking question one question from south peninsular sheep breed.
- Have your class notes with you and the subject for which you did not have notes take help of Animal Science Refresher (ASR). If you do not have any notes then Annotating ASR is most important thing for ICAR Animal Science. Read ASR twice and then have a good MCQ book with you. Note down those topics from which MCQs are asked and they are missing in ASR Have a separate notebook write those in that. By doing this for 1-2 months you will cover 2-3 good MCQs books and have a very good high yielding notes collection. Revise again and again those 100-150 pages and solve lots of MCQs. You will easily sail through.
- You do not need to score 100% to top the exam. I have secured 336 (70%) marks so you can even top the exam on 70% which comprises of easy and medium level questions without even bothering about the difficult ones. But make sure to correct all easy and medium level questions. Questions are asked mostly from 30-40% syllabus and focus on that only you will know about the important topics by solving PYQs and mock tests. Mock tests are available on vetextension.com and can be accessed by clicking here.
- Make your subconscious mind think about the success and do this by adding a reminder note to your phone that reminds you every day that you topped the upcoming ICAR examination and the notification should come when you are starting your day. That was 7:00AM for me. Visualize yourself topping the
exam and you are opening the result and the celebration that follows. Do this once or twice a day or when you are feeling demotivated.
- Your notes should be so concise that you must revise the whole syllabus in last 3-4 days before the exam. You must study to make your notes so concise at least revise the whole syllabus twice in last 3-4 days the paper will automatically be done. One day before exam give the mock test on the same time slot and then revise a few topics which you tend to forget again. Get good sleep the night before exam.
- Practice at least 100 MCQ daily. For that you may use an app Quizzpedia and vetextension.com as these platforms have many mock tests. Give a lot of Mock tests preferably in the same slot as the final ICAR Examination if they are not available in the same slot then do make it a habit to solve MCQs on the same time slot of ICAR for 2-3 months to avoid nervousness during exam. Solve max questions. Solve lots of MCQs. The paper is objective based and solving MCQs will really help you a lot is key to success. Remember that the test questions have not changed from times of Ramayana and Mahabharata so you will find almost all
repeated questions. Ultimately the exam is about your exam taking skill.
- Analyze your score after every mock test in 4 parameters – SMCR.
Silly mistakes (you need to give more tests),
Material (You need to read new information)
Concept (what you read was wrong or some facts were not clear)
Revision (you lack revision). Then work on that aspect.
- An year of internship is sufficient time to crack this examination with right strategy, guidance and dedication.
- Do not waste time over controversial question. Stick with the most suitable answer and do not stress over that.
- In exam there is +4 for correct and -1 for every wrong answer so If you could just eliminate 1 option even then go for attempting the question. You will be definitely in positive. As when we have studied so much then surely the things are in subconscious and we tend to mark them correct.
- Do not have a preset target of questions to be attempted in paper.
- Do not forget to take a day off after a full week of planned study. Just give test on that day and rest enjoy with friends / family. You are surely going to have bad days but just be consistent.
- Ultimately it is just an exam and enjoying the process is most important.
Repeated revision of concise material and solving maximum objectives is key to succeed in this examination.
For any Query/Feedback drop mail at [email protected]
Leave a Reply